The term toys doesn’t seem to have the same meaning it once had because today we consider our recreational vehicles toys, albeit expensive toys. With them being as valuable to you as they are, you’re going to want to have them insured. Learn about recreational vehicle insurance and how it can help.
What is Recreational Vehicle Insurance?
Recreational vehicles insurance is a type of insurance policy that protects your recreational vehicles against covered losses. RV insurance is similar to your auto insurance in that it offers the same types of coverage. The main difference is that law requires auto insurance whereas RV insurance is not required. Recreational vehicles may include the following.
• All-terrain vehicles
• Camping trailers
• Truck campers
• Golf carts
Although motorcycles may also be considered as recreational vehicles, recreational vehicles are usually motorized vehicles not designed to be operated on public roads and highways.
Types of Coverage
A recreational vehicle insurance policy typically includes the following types of coverage.
• Collision – This pays to have your vehicle repaired or replaced after an accident where you hit into something.
• Comprehensive – This pays to have your vehicle replaced or repaired after an accident that is not collision-related.
• Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance – This provides coverage when you’re involved in an accident and the other party has no insurance or not enough insurance.
• Medical payments – This helps pay for medical expenses when someone is injured in an accident caused by you.
• Liability (bodily injury and property damage) – This protects you from being sued from an at-fault accident.
Many insurance companies offer recreational vehicle insurance as part of a homeowner’s insurance policy, which makes RV insurance quite affordable.
Benefits of Having Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Unlike automobiles, which are typically our main means of transportation, recreational vehicles are usually extra treats designed for fun and recreation. You’ve saved and waited for the perfect time to finally purchase these toys. It make perfect sense that you’re going to want to have them insured. Recreational vehicles insurance provides you with the assurance that you’ll be able to repair or replace your toys if necessary.